Sunday, July 31, 2011

Arugula, Chicken and Cashew Salad with Edamame

For a quick, no-cook dinner, nothing beats a salad using ingredients you have on hand. This salad was an experiment that turned out great.

I love the crunch of the cashews in the mix with the softer ingredients. In fact, I'm going to make a point of keeping some whole nuts on hand in my refrigerator for dishes such as this one.

Here is how my salad came together:

  • arugula from a prewashed bag, rinsed to freshen the leaves
  • chicken breast I had precooked and shredded (a great time saver)
  • a handful of whole cashews leftover from my cashew butter endeavor
  • a handful of edamame, precooked (mine were from Trader Joe's)

After giving the arugula leaves a quick rinse, I tossed them in a bit of light vinaigrette. On top I piled the remaining salad ingredients. I shelled the edamame right into my salad bowl.

It was delicious! And nutritious. And so easy.

I hope this inspired some time-saving ways to incorporate healthy foods into your life.

With lots of veggies,
HealthyErika

No comments:

Post a Comment